A message from our head coach
My name is Manni Naumann and I am passionate about tennis and teaching tennis to everyone, regardless of your age or ability.
From 4.00pm to 7.00pm every weekday starting with minis at 4.00pm. I also run 4 junior teams.
Private CoachingFor all abilities at any time you want.
I coach a group session on Saturday mornings.
We hold sessions during the school holidays including throughout the whole summer.
I organise friendly tournaments that all members can enjoy.
If you haven’t played for a while, these sessions are ideal to get you back into the game.
- Diploma in Sozialpedagogics/Sozialeconomy (1977) germany
- US PTR qualified in 2002
- LTA (DCA) in 2007 (up-to-date LTA licence )
- Apr 02 – Oct 02 Tennis coach at Mark Warner holiday resort (Corsica)
- 2003-2005 Assistant Coach at Highgate Cricket and Coolhurst LTC
- Apr 05- present, Head coach at Conway LTC in Southgate
- Specialist teaching: Children/adults with special needs (DAZU Charity) at Conway LTC.
- I run my own junior tennis program independently but with the support of Conway LTC; Our youngest players are 4 to 5 years old and juniors go right through to 18 years old. Young children use soft balls otherwise know as Mini Tennis Red.
What I do
I organize our Aegon winter/summer middlesex junior league matches for boys in the age groups 10, 12, 14, 16, 18 years old. In 2011 our boys teams 16 and under and both 14 and under (A and B teams), finished top in their division. Boys 12 and under finished in 3 position.
I teach adult groups and individuals from beginner level to advanced level.
I organize our yearly junior club tournament and run regular American tournaments.
From 2007 I started courses in the summer at Conway called “Drums and Tennis”, (because of my background as a drum teacher). I believe that in order to hit a good ball in tennis it is an advantage to have a good feel for timing. I teach basic rhythm pattern to improve children’s footwork and timing.
Furthermore I very much enjoy playing competitive tennis in the veterans circle in
the UK and abroad. I have a British tennis rating of 5.2 and an ITF world ranking in mid 200s in Men’s 55+.
Upcoming Tennis Camps
Autumn Half Term Tennis Camp Coaching
Monday Oct 24 2016 @ 10:00 am - Friday Oct 28 2016 2:30 pm
Come along and learn or improve your tennis and have some fun at the same time within competitive game orientated coaching. We will finish the week with a tournament with prizes for the winner and runner-up as well as prizes for special achievements. We are pleased to announce the following dates for our spring tennis/activity program for children and juniors of all ages and standards.