Latest LTA guidelines
Please read The LTA’s latest guidelines published today for your safety. A few changes are mentioned below, but please read the whole document.
- Singles – Conway Club members can play singles, providing they follow the LTA guidelines for safe play. Please refer to their advice for more detail.
- Doubles – from Monday 1st June, doubles play is now permitted with people from outside of your household, meaning that four people from different households can now play doubles. Social distancing rules remain, and the LTA have added some specific details in their guidance.
- Hand hygiene is imperative – use alcohol gel to clean your hands after touching a shared surface.
- Tennis Balls – You may prefer to err on the side of caution and keep using marked balls. However this is now not mandatory. If you choose to use shared balls then extra care must be taken to ensure you do not touch your face during play, and you should clean your hands before play and immediately after finishing (use alcohol gel if required).
- Coaching – Coached sessions can now be extended to groups, and at Conway, our Head Coach, Steve, and his coaching team have limited the groups to a maximum of 4 players plus coach. This complies with the new guidance and existing Health and Safety guidance.
- Competitions – Some competition can resume; thanks to Ashley, a Conway singles box league competition, that adheres to the LTA guidance, will be launched shortly.
Most of you have already renewed your membership – thank you; if you have not done so yet, then please check the special one-off discounted rates on our website and pay. Club account sort code 40-07-32 account number 51002902. Reference: your name.
Members who’ve experienced severe financial impact from the pandemic can still renew as full members either under the ‘not in work’ rate, but, if that still poses difficulties, please pay a nominal payment of £10 (required for insurance purposes), and reference your name + ‘Nom’. Stay and play.
Special offer for renewing senior members if you renew before Friday 5th June.
One free Coaching Session for renewing members! Any adult member who has renewed before the end of this week, Friday 5th June, can claim a free 50 minute coaching session with our Head Coach, Steve. (The club will pay for the session). Contact Steve to book the session before June 30th, – it must be held before July 31st.
The clubhouse will remain closed this week except for emergencies.
Many new members are joining the club, enjoying its fabulous location, the quality of the courts and the friendliness of the community – do keep welcoming them, and if you get a chance to book a court session with them, please do so. Their abilities range across the complete spectrum from beginners, rusty returners, club-adept, through to high talent! Enjoy your game.