We’re are trialling the re-introduction of safe social play from Wednesday 24th and Saturday 27th, and will review it over he next couple of weeks – please respect the LTA and government safety guidelines.
Safe social play
- Courts 1-2 will be booked out for safe social doubles from 7pm until 10pm Wednesdays (with floodlights) and 10.00am-1.00pm Saturdays – just turn up and play, you don’t need to bring a doubles partner.
- If the two courts are busy, current players will allow waiting players to ‘play in’ at the end of the current set being played.
- Players must keep to the LTA managed safe play guidelines at all times. Use antibac hand gel. Keep your distance.
- Waiting players must keep socially distant according to current government guidelines. Failure to do so may require safe social play to be halted.
- Courts 3, 4 and 5 will be bookable at these times by any member for singles or doubles (NB Court 4 will be used for coaching on Saturdays from Noon).
- The clubhouse is being prepared for limited washroom access only, but remains closed for now. Chairs may be used outdoors, but kept at the prescribed distance from each other.
Two hour sessions
From Monday 22nd, members may now book 2 hour sessions in advance, up until 5pm Monday to Friday (i.e. the last double session can be booked at 3pm) and on Saturdays from 1pm, and at anytime on Sundays.
Please do not over-use this facility – we want all members to have the opportunity to play, so we will keep advanced ‘double sessions’ under review, and revert to the current ‘on the day’ extra hour method if one hour sessions become difficult to book.
Please remember play commences at 8am, and not earlier; thank you! This is to ensure good relations with our local residents who would prefer not to be awoken at 7.00 by grunting tennis players!!
Keep safe and well