From Wednesday 13th May, Conway Club members can play singles, providing they follow the LTA guidelines for safe play, or doubles, if they are all living in the same household. Please refer to their advice for more detail.
All Courts will be available for use from 8am until 8pm only and there will be a booking system. Courts can only be used if they have been booked. Please see our email sent to all members for full details.
What you need to know
- Use your own tennis balls – if playing singles with a player from another household, the LTA guidelines are that each player brings a set of balls, marked clearly, and that you only touch your set of balls; you can send your opponent’s set back by using your racket or feet to retrieve them. For added protection, you can wear a glove on your non-racquet hand.
- New cans of tennis balls will be available for £6 each on Wednesday 13th May at 6pm-6.30pm and Saturday 16th May at 10am-10.30am from outside the clubhouse. Do not bring cash, all payments by credit card only.
- Do not get closer to 2 metres with any other player on the courts. Do not shake hands or come close enough for any other physical contact.
- Please do not congregate closely by the clubhouse, which will remain strictly closed for the time being.
- Bring your own sanitiser and spray the court entrance gate handles before and after you leave please.
- There is no access to the clubhouse facilities for the moment, until the refurbishment has been completed, and a risk assessment conducted and implemented.
- There will be no floodlight tennis available yet.
The committee are grateful for your patience. We are working to get the best for tennis and for you, within the guidelines presented, and will review these on a weekly basis.
Play tennis and be safe!
Conway LTC Committee